Sunday, August 3, 2008

Comic Con - Thursday

Walked down to the Con with Eric. Stopped off to get a Jamba Juice for breakfast - waaay better than a hotel breakfast! We didn't get to the Center (yes, I will use the American spelling) until around 9:45, because nothing started until 10:00. Everything was already super busy! And Thursday is supposed to be a quiet day.

Started the day off by going to the Kings panel. It actually looks like a pretty decent show - interesting premise, but I'm not sure how they will be able to carry it out over the seasons. Still, looks like something good to watch. Stayed in the same room for the BSG 30th Anniversary panel, which is what I had really wanted to see anyway. Turns out Richard Hatch is a Browncoat! We're taking over the world! Also got a bit of insight into what Tom DeSanto had had planned for BSG had his version gone ahead. Sounds like it would have been very different. But then again, I think Ron Moore has managed to do just fine, thank you very much. Since Bryan Singer had to go do X2, their BSG got pulled - and Firefly took its spot on Fox. I must say, I'm glad BSG is on SciFi, because if Fox had had it, I don't think it would have lasted past a half a season.

Wandered over to Ballroom 20 afterwards, and caught the last bit of the Doctor Who panel. Stephen Moffat cracks me up! Next series should be a blast. Is it Christmas yet? The Torchwood panel was pretty awesome too - and yes, John Barrowman is genetically perfect. And totally geeky - you could tell he really loves what he does. Ah... Captain Jack. I would scromp you in a heartbeat. It is a sad, sad loss for womankind. And Naoko and John doing the song from Miss Saigon? Brilliance. My fan girl head almost exploded.

I was going to try to get to the Red Sonja panel afterwards, but the line was insane, so I lined up for Wizard's First Rule instead, because I didn't want to miss out. It was an interesting panel, and looks to be a good series (I originally thought it was supposed to be a mini-series, and not a weekly). Suppose I'm going to have to actually read the books now, because it sounds like it could be a good read. Plus, the lead actor totally looks cute (he wasn't there, just a brief clip on screen).

After that panel, I wandered around the exhibition floor for a little while (covered about half of it). I really didn't allow myself to stop at too many booths, because I knew I would just end up spending money, which I totally didn't need to do. Went back to the hotel and rested, because I knew the rest of the weekend would be nuts!

No comments: